Positions Available at Global Kids, Inc.
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking dynamic, hard-working, and creative individuals who are experienced in youth development, global education, and social action. Several positions are available for new and existing Global Kids school-based Attendance Improvement/Drop-Out Prevention Programs in New York City middle and high schools and other programs and special projects. Individuals must be able to begin work September 4, 2007.
* Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK’s weekly school-based academic programs and afterschool leadership groups.
* Co-lead and develop all aspects of GK’s theme-based social action projects on issues ranging from human rights to environment to health.
* Conduct outreach to students and their families, including nightly phone calls, written correspondence, and in some cases, home visits to increase attendance.
* Provide guidance, counseling and referrals for social services to youth.
* Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other special projects with the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, etc.
* Conduct special trainings for youth and educators.
* Collaborate with GK staff and youth to generate new program ideas and content focusing on global/local issues.
* Collect and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects.
* Maintain necessary documentation, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
* For Senior Trainers – coach less experienced program staff in program development, facilitation, and workshop design and serve as site manager/point person for school-based programs.
* College degree a must for Trainer position.
* Master’s degree, plus several years of professional experience required for Senior Trainer. We are especially seeking candidates with degrees in social work, education, and international relations.
* Knowledge of global issues and social activism and demonstrated experience working on these issues.
* Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings.
Knowledge of AIDP programs and public school system is desirable.
* Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
* Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
* Strong communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills. New media skills a plus.
* International experience and foreign language background a plus.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional
references to: email@example.com