Call for submissions: Convention on the Rights of the Child Online Art Exhibit
18 @ 18 Online Art Exhibit: Call to Action
The Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) is celebrating its 18th anniversary.
In 1989, world leaders decided that children needed a special convention
just for them because people under 18 years old (children) often need
special care and protection that adults do not. The leaders also wanted
to make sure that the world recognized that children have human rights too.
This fall, the Convention of the Rights of the Child (CRC) is
celebrating its 18th Anniversary, and as part of the activities to
commemorate this historic event Voices of Youth wants to create an
online art exhibit with your submissions.
*ONLINE ART EXHIBIT*
Choose one of the articles of the CRC and submit your artistic
interpretation of it. The piece should include a maximum of 300-word
explanation of how you perceive the CRC and how the article of your
choice has created an impact on you. Your art piece can be in the form
of a painting, collage or photo, so be creative!!!!
*Art Piece requirements:*
* If you are submitting an art piece by mail the size should not be
A4: 21.08cm x 29.72cm
* If you are submitting a digital art piece, it should not weigh
*Personal information:* please provide the following information when
you submit your entry:
1. Your full name
4. Full address
6. Telephone number, fax number and e-mail address (if available)
7. The 300-word explanation of how you perceive the CRC, and how the
article of your choice has created an impact on you.
8. A one sentence long agreement statement saying that you allow
UNICEF to use your piece for institutional purposes.
*Deadline:* Please send the design, with personal information, as soon as
possible, but no later than November 20, 2007. There are two ways you
can send your submissions:
* To our Voices of Youth Mailbox: email@example.com
* To our UNICEF Office in NY:
UNICEF-Voices of Youth
3 UN Plaza