Exalt Youth Program Coordinator position
Title: exalt Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
exalt youth is a new nonprofit seeking a dynamic, passionate individual to join our team. exalt’s mission is to transform the lives of youth along the spectrum of criminal justice involvement by equipping them with the skills and experience they need to be self-sufficient, self-fulfilled, productive members of society. We fulfill this mission by providing a cohesive program with four components: employment readiness and life skills training; paid internships in youths’ fields of interest; post-internship education and career development services; and an alumni network that provides ongoing access to resources. exalt partners with criminal justice agencies, community based programs and schools to serve youth ages 15-20, both in and outside of the criminal justice system.
exalt’s Program Coordinator conducts all aspects of the program including recruiting and selecting youth from partner sources, facilitating a month long preparation class, developing and monitoring internships that meet participants’ interests, and providing support to youth throughout all aspects of the program.
· Marketing exalt’s program to youth in partner organizations and schools.
· Interviewing and selecting youth from partner sources to participate in exalt’s program.
· Facilitating five week long pre-internship preparation class, which runs two hours per day, four days per week.
· Developing internships throughout New York City in a wide range of employment sectors to meet youths’ various interests.
· Developing strong relationships with employer partners and youth to support their participation and success in internship experiences.
· Conducting regular out reach to internship sites throughout duration of internships through regular site visits, phone calls.
· Facilitating weekly seminars with participants during their internships to help youth process their experiences and continue developing education and career development skills.
· Facilitate monthly post-internship seminars for participants to assist them further their skill development and make progress towards achieving longer term educational and career goals.
· Work closely with Executive Director to continuously develop program to meet youth and employer needs and interests.
· Bachelors Degree required.
· Experience working with “at-risk” youth in educational contexts (e.g. schools or nonprofit programs). Experience working with court-involved youth preferred.
· Ability to engage youth typically resistant to educational settings.
· Experience facilitating groups utilizing creative curricula and pedagogy.
· Ability to network with a diverse range of external constituents including employers from multiple sectors, participants’ families, school and other agency staff.
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Interest in and ability to develop creative and rigorous programming for youth.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Strong organization skills and attention to detail required.
· Bilingual (Spanish speaking) a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
(Please indicate in cover letter what interests you about the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.)
exalt is an equal opportunity employer. www.exaltyouth.org